Grow your own wildlife with this lovely kit for ages 4-10. Ideal for a family activity or birthday party - it's the party activity and the take-home all in one!
Fold the paper animals. Grow their "hair". And if you wish, use the cord to make them into a kids' set of hanging pots.
What it contains:
- 4 origami animals to fold
- 4 special waterproof cardboard planting pots (cardboard so they are light enough to hang)
- 1 sachet ryegrass seeds
- 1 sachet nasturtium (edible fower) seeds
- 8 dessicated coconut soil discs - enough to fill the pots
- 2 metres cotton cord for hanging
How to use it:
- Follow the instructions to fold your animals.
- Reconstitute the desiccated coconut soil by sprinkling with 6 times its volume in water. Fill the pots with it.
- Sow the ryegrass in one pot by spreading the seeds over the entire surface and shallowly covering them with a little soil.
- In another pot, sow the nasturtium seeds, burying them 1 cm deep.
- Water gently and add the pots to the animals.
- Using the string, assemble the animals vertically or horizontally into a garland.
- Keep just moist (not wet) indoors at 18-20° C. The ryegrass will germinate in about 10 days, the nasturtiums will take a bit longer.