- The charcoal stick will purify up to 3L of water at a time.
- The Koins will Purify up to 1L of water at a time.
- For greater volumes, simply add extra sticks.
- Provides 3+ months of purified water
- The ultimate plastic-free and sustainable water filter
- Extremely light and portable – ideal for both home and holidays
- Recyclable in many eco-friendly ways.
Kuro- Bo Charcoal Water Filters are a Scientifically-proven, completely plastic-free, sustainable and recyclable water purification solution. The ultimate next generation of water filter – for home or for travel.
Whether paired with a Glass Water Dispenser or your own carafe/jug/dispenser, a single stick of KURO-Bō Charcoal provides 3+ months of daily cartridge-free and naturally purified water.
The charcoal stick will purify up to 3L of water at a time.
The Koins will Purify up to 1L of water at a time.
For greater volumes, simply add extra sticks.
Activated charcoal, or Binchotan attracts and draws out positively-charged toxins (chemicals, heavy metals, E. coli) from your water, while depositing beneficial minerals and balancing an acidic pH.
After 3 months of daily use, recycle your KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal Stick in any number of innovative and eco-friendly ways, for example, in your pet’s bowl, as a biochar on your plants, as an organic air purifier or dehumidifier, or in your fridge to prolong the shelf life of your fresh fruit and vegetables.
The rapid heating and cooling of the carbonisation process, and the resulting enlargement of the hardwood’s million’s internal pores, is what enables the KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal to adsorb toxins:
- At a microscopic level, it attracts the positively-charged toxins and metals (chlorine, mercury and lead) and then attaches those toxins onto itself, thereby removing the harmful elements from the water
- Adsorption is what makes ordinary, municipal-treated tap water taste so much cleaner and more delicious
- A single gram of activated charcoal can have a surface area of up to 1500m2 – essentially 6 times the surface area of a tennis court – which is why it can so efficiently adsorb as many toxins as it does!
- Each KURO-Bō Stick or pack of Kōins reaches a saturation point at about 3 months of daily use.