- A lovely zero-waste alternative to bottled shampoo
- Packaging: Aluminium Tin
- Shampoo Bar Weight: 70g
Three Hills Soap - Rosehip & Cedarwood Solid Shampoo Bar is Handcrafted in the heart of Dublin,
This anti-dandruff solid shampoo with Rosehip and Cedarwood offers a gorgeous smoky, lemony and forest-like aroma. The combination of a woody, balsamic Cedarwood and a fresh, sweet, lemony Citronella is complemented by the balsamic, forest Fir Needle and therefore suitable for men and women. We added some Rosehip powder to help with dandruff and other similar scalp conditions.
These solid shampoo bars last for months and they're are so compact.
They come packaged in a resuable aluminium storage tin and you can buy refill bars when you run out.
No fuss, no mess. Simple, solid (SLS, SLES free) shampoo does away with wasteful over-packaging and environmental worries in one. Perfect for anyone who loves the planet as much as their hair.
This highly-concentrated shampoo bar weighs roughly 70g (2.47oz) which represents 45 – 50 washes, of course, it depends on your hair length and is similar in usage to 450-500ml (15.2 – 16.9oz) of liquid shampoo.
Active Ingredients in Shampoo:
Gentle Cleansing Agents:
SCI (Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate) is the main ingredient of the shampoo. It is a natural, mild and gentle cleansing agent, made from the natural fatty acids which occur in coconut oil and which effectively remove dirt and grease from the hair and scalp resulting in a gentler finish. SCI creates a beautiful, luxurious foam without losing its mild and softening properties. We use an eco-friendly and biodegradable cleansing agent which is suitable for use in both soft and hard water.
Another ingredient used in this shampoo is Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, also known as SLSA. This cleansing agent leaves a pleasant, silky feeling on the skin which prevents it from drying out or becoming damaged after washing in contrast to the commonly used SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) or SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) which are not approved for natural cosmetics. With a large molecule size, SLSA won’t cause skin irritation as it is impossible for it to penetrate the skin membrane.
These are both of a 100% natural origin.
- Coconut Oil contributes to the better hair quality by delivering the shine, softness and power to the damaged hair
- D Panthenol improves hair quality, increases shine to hair and reduces a hair breakage as it coats the hair and seals its surface, lubricating the hair shaft and making strands appear shiny
- Wheat Protein can impart hair repairing properties, improve the ease of hair combing and improve colour deposition and retention of dyes on hair
- Silk Amino Acids, also known as Sericin, has excellent moisture preservation characteristics and hair repairing properties
- Glycerine is sourced from Rapeseed Oil and it prevents drying of the scalp by helping to restore the skin’s water
- Rosehip Powder contains fatty acids which help soothe irritated scalp conditions like dandruff and increase hair elasticity while adding shine to hair
- French Pink Clay stimulates the hair growth acting in the bloodstream and eliminates the oiliness of skin and hair
- Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil can help increase the number of oils produced by stimulating the oil glands and can help with the circulation, and bring arterial blood to the tissues. Plus, this oil is anti-fungal and can help with dandruff caused by fungal infections
- Citronella Essential Oil got antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and fungicidal properties and is used in the treatment of problems like oily hair and dandruff. It soothes and moisturises oily scalp and hair
- Fir Needle Essential Oil stimulates and purifies the scalp
How to Use Solid Shampoo:
Circle the bar gently over wet hair once or twice depending on hair length. Use sparingly – a little rub is all you need! Massage from the roots to the ends of the hair. Rinse thoroughly and condition if your hair would like a little extra love.
Please do not allow the shampoo to sit in water between uses. Store in a dry place, ideally in the soap dish.